Execursion to Beni-Snassen Mountains and Saidia City:
- On Saturday, May 20th, in the afternoon an excursion to Beni-Snassen Mountains and Saidia City will be organized. It will include a guided tour around the Mountains and the City, transport in air-conditioned buses and coffee break. The cost of the excursion is 40 euros per person.
- 14:00 departure from the place of the Conference
- 14:45-15:45 guided tour around the Beni-Snassen Mountains
- 16:15 arrival to Saidia City (Mediterranean Sea)
- 16:15-17:15 coffee break
- 17:30-19:00 guided tour around Saidia City
- 19:00 going back to Oujda City
- The magnificent Beni-Snassen Mountains are located west of the city of Oujda and south of Berkane. They are one of five sites in north-eastern Morocco to have been identified as study sites of biological and ecological interest (SIBE). It was in the Beni-Snassen Mountains that what is believed to be the oldest human skeleton in North Africa was found.
Vsitors could explore the "Grotte des Pigeons", where the early stone-age skeletal remains were discovered. The next stop could be the "Grotte du Chameau", which features interesting stalactite/stalagmite formations, with one bearing a strong resemblance to a camel.
The splendour of the Mediterranean:
- The blue pearl of Morocco, Saidia, is in the process of modernising so that you will soon be able to take advantage of the turquoise Mediterranean, its 14-km beach and splendid surrounding countryside..